GET INVOLVED: The Tarver PTO is always looking for people wanting to help us with our activites. We are especially in need of parents to chaperone Skate city wednesdays. There are 5 wednesdays a year that the kids get to go to skate city. We also at times need volunteers to bring food items for teachers and other activities. Please watch your email for sign up for these events! Please contact Kim Bacon at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested. All are welcome to attend PTO meetings. We dependon parent volunteers to help make our efforts a success.
What can YOU do to help Tarver?
Buy one item from the Fall Catalog Fund Raiser! - The Cookie Dough is yummy!
Volunteer for your Child’s teacher(s)
o Ask your child’s teacher what you can do for them
Buy a King Sooper’s Gift Card - See attachment on bottom of page for more information!
o $10 with $10 already loaded on it
o Reload it – every time! Use it for groceries and gas
o 5% comes back to our school automatically
Collect Longmont Dairy Caps! http://longmontdairy.com/milk-caps-for-mooola/
Own a local business?
o Sign up to sponsor our Tarver Trot – May 2016
Watch your emails for optional volunteer opportunities
o Like Tarver on Facebook for up to date information
o Provide lunch for Fall teacher conferences
o Help with Scholastic book sales during conferences
Join the Tarver community for fun community events
- Tarver Carnival! September 22nd - watch for volunteer sign up!
- Skate City – Wednesday afternoons 2017-18
- September 13th, October 25th, December 6th, January 31st, March 7th and April 18th
- Fall Movie Night – Date TBD
- Santa Breakfast – December 2nd
PTO Board Meetings - the first Friday of the Month - 8:00-10:00am in the Tarver Cafeteria (if there is no school on a Friday, please check with the office for date). We currently do not have evening meeting as the morning meetings are better attended. If you are interested in evenings, please contact the PTO.
To get involved please email the PTO: email@example.com
Where does PTO Money Go?
Funds raised last year and this year, we have been able to grant each grade level $1000 to spend on what they feel is necessary for their classrooms. For example I-Pods for listening centers, bus money for field trips, books and curriculum for a multi-grade reading program and spelling city. We have also been able to grant money toward I-Pads and Chrome books for each grade level to help with learning enrichment, research and testing as well as 150 noise-cancelling headphones to help students with distraction and concentration. We will also updated our Kiva area with a large screen television, speakers, seating and audio-visual equipment for student projects and cold weather activities. We off set cost of substitutes so teachers can get 3 days of training on new curriculum and state standards. We helped purchase new tables for the cafeteria. We hope this gives some insight to how we are helping our kids!
- Volunteer for our community events - the Carnival, Teacher Appreciation, Skate City chaperones, and more.
- If you are interested in volunteering, please send us an email
- We are looking for anyone who has 2-3 hours to spare - that is all it takes to help our amazing school!
- If you are interested in being a room mom, please let your child's teacher know.
2017-18 Board Members
- Angela Ferrell - President/Fall Fundraising
- Emily Palmer - Vice President/Tarver Trot Organizer
- Stacie Bote - Secretary
- Tina Jaminet - Treasurer/Box Tops/King Soopers Cards
- Chris Trujillo - Principal
- Audra Webb/Lexi Naylor - Tarver Staff & Teacher Appreciation
- Kathy Rozman/Brittny Sivyer - Carnival Coordinator
- POSITION AVAILABLE - Skate City Coordinator
- Kelli Trujillo/Carmen Anderson - Santa Breakfast Coordinator
- POSITION AVAILABLE - Santa Holiday Shoppe
- Heidi Dotts - Movie Nights
- Heather Kloosterman - Spirit Night Coordinator
- Quynn Forss - Vistion Hearing/5th Grade Continuation
- Julie Reynolds - Tarver Staff Representative
- Brandie Volleberg - Box Tops/King Soopers Cards